The Multicultural Student Center offers spaces, programs and services that center, affirm and celebrate the diverse and intersectional identities of students of color in order to cultivate a sense of belonging and community while strengthening all students’ capacity to learn, lead and thrive.
Ways to get involved and find community
A way for marginalized identities to have a sense of belonging by providing a built in network of support, and a place to feel their own. Identity centers also help students from similar backgrounds find one another, and create community.
Programming meant to cultivate intentional experiences and spaces for students to learn and celebrate within and across identity, culture, and heritage to promote a more culturally aware campus community.
A great way to get involved, meet new people, and develop leadership skills on campus. There are more than 900 student organizations on campus, and many of them are cultural based.
The Multicultural Calendar
- September 25
- September 27The African Influence in Latin America Music with Betto ArcosThe Office of Multicultural Affairs at UWSMPH, Latino Medical Student Association, Chican@ & Latin@ Studies5:00 PM, 3110A Health Sciences Learning Center
- September 28
- September 29
- October 2
- October 5Queer Brown Vegan: A Conversation with Isaias HernandezWisconsin Alumni Association, Dean of Students, OIE, Center for Campus History, GSCC, Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies, Office of Sustainability, Center for Sustainability and the Global Environment, UW Arboretum, CALS, CLS7:00 PM, Play Circle Theater, Memorial Union
The Multicultural Student Center and its four Identity Centers advise the student-led committees that organize and host campus-wide History and Heritage Month celebrations. These months are:
- Latinx Heritage Month (Sept. 15 - Oct. 15)
- Native November
- Black History Month (February)
- Middle Eastern and North African (MENA) Heritage Month (March)
- Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA) Heritage Month (April)
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Get the latest news, events, and opportunities from the Multicultural Student Center.
Multicultural Student Center
Red Gym, 2nd floor
716 Langdon St, Madison WI