All funding requests must align with the mission of the Multicultural Student Center, which is to collaboratively strengthen and sustain an inclusive campus where all students, particularly students of color and other historically underserved students, are engaged and can realize an authentic Wisconsin Experience. In addition, funding requests must meet two or more of the following four requirements:
- Educational in Scope: Social Justice Education, Cultural Education, Identity Exploration and/or incorporated into classroom education
- Fosters Leadership Development: Event Planning, Critical Thinking, and/or Problem Solving (for participants) And Professional Networking, Employment Seeking Skills, Exposure to career options, etc.
- Fosters Community Development: Relationship Building [within & across racial/ethnic communities], Heritage & Awareness Observations, Participation in Campus-wide events (Welcome Week, Homecoming, Parents Weekend, etc.)
To meet eligibility requirements for the MCC Grant, RSO’s must be affiliated with the MSC or be an NPHC or MGC organization, in good standing with CfLI, and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- The RSO has already received an ASM Event Grant for that semester
- The RSO has already applied for an ASM Event Grant for the semester and is on the waitlist for an ASM hearing.
- The RSO has applied for ASM funding within the semester
- ASM is out of funds for the academic year
- The RSO is applying for funding for items ASM can not provide, such as food and beverages
*Note: Your event must be free and open to UW students and campus community*
Funds can be used for:
- Printing through University Services
- Space Rental (on campus)
- Equipment Rental
- Lodging (at the state rate)
- Food and Beverage
Apply for Event Grant
More detailed information about requirements for the MCC Grant can be found on the 2023-24 MCC Grant Policy Manual.