Types of cultural programming available at the Multicultural Student Center including heritage months, new student orientation, leadership awards, The Black Voice, and more.
UW-Madison honors its diversity by cultivating intentional experiences and spaces for students to learn and celebrate within and across identity, culture, and heritage to promote a more culturally aware campus community.
Events, gatherings, and learning opportunities to engage with other students including the A Place At The Table community meal and Midterm/Finals Study Jams.
About Cultural Programs
The mission of Cultural Programming at the MSC is to cultivate intentional experiences and spaces for students to learn and celebrate within and across identity, culture, and heritage to promote a more culturally aware campus community.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
To achieve our mission the MSC Cultural Programming team has adopted the Tri-Sector Model of Cultural Practice (Jenkins & Walton, 2008), which includes the following:
- Community Building and Outreach
- Comprehensive marketing campaigns
- Campus and community involvement
- External outreach
- Cultural Programming
- Cultural engagement programs
- Cultural Leadership Development Programs
- Cultural Education Programs
- Administrative Practices
- Cultural Environment Creation
- Staff Professional Development
- Institutional Commitment
- Welcome Events
- Cultural Excursions
- Academic Events
- Graduation Receptions
- Discussion Groups
Heritage Months and Planning Committees
- Latinx Heritage Month: September 15-October 15
- Planning: April, June, July, AugusT
- Black History Month: February
- Planning: October, November, December, January
- APIDA Heritage Month: April (nationally celebrated in May)
- Planning: November, December, February, March
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Get the latest news, events, and opportunities from the Multicultural Student Center.
Multicultural Student Center
Red Gym, 2nd floor
716 Langdon St, Madison WI