The Multicultural Council Grant
Funded by the Chancellor’s Office and Multicultural Student Center (MSC), the Multicultural Council (MCC) Grant provides funding for Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) and non-RSO student groups for multicultural programs on the UW-Madison campus. Funding decisions are made by the MSC Program and Grant Board, a board of student representatives who are elected/appointed annually.
All funding requests must align with the mission of the Multicultural Student Center, which is to collaboratively strengthen and sustain an inclusive campus where all students, particularly students of color and other historically underserved students, are engaged and can realize an authentic Wisconsin Experience. In addition, funding requests must meet two or more of the following four requirements:
- Educational in Scope: social justice education, cultural education, and/or incorporated into classroom education
- Fosters Leadership Development: Event planning, team management, critical thinking, and/or problem solving (for organizers and participants)
- Fosters Career/Professional Development: professional networking, employment seeking skills, exposure to career options, etc.
- Fosters Community Development: relationship building within and/or across racial/ethnic communities, heritage and awareness observations, participation in campus-wide events (Welcome Week, Homecoming, Parents Weekend, etc.)
FAQs & Application
How to Apply
The MCC grant application opens on Monday, August 1st, 2016 and remains open until Wednesday, April 15th, 2017, or until funds run out. Students must apply at least 30 days before their program date and are encouraged to apply earlier.
RSO’s must have an account on WIN.
MCC Submission must be 30 days before event
Hearing must be at least two weeks before event
ASM Application must be submitted 6 weeks in advance.
- Please click the Apply for Funding link below
- On the next page click Submit for Approval
- After your grant has been submitted your application will appear in your My Submissions section of your WIN page, which you should be automatically directed to.
Contact the MCC Grant Administrator, at email@example.com.