FIC 1: If I Can Cook, You Know God Can by Ntozake Shange: Ntozake Shange offers this eclectic tribute to black cuisine as a true food of life, one that reflects the tenacious spirit and powerful history of a people. With recipes that include everything from Cousin Eddie’s Shark with Breadfruit to Collard Greens to Bring You Money, Shange instructs us in the nuances of a cuisine born on the slave ships of the Middle Passage, spiced by the jazz of Duke Ellington, and shared by all members of the African Diaspora.
FIC 2: Karma’s Embrace: A Novel of India by Prem Sharma: This 2nd book in Sharma’s trilogy of books. The book offers the reader historical perspectives by introducing the character of Devi Lal, from Sharma’s first book Mandalay’s Child.
View other library items here:
- General Resources: Ethnographies, Multicultural/Diversity Readings, Social Justice
- Multicultural/Alternative Histories
- General Philosophical/Theoretical Readings
- Educational Tools: Facilitation, Training, Teaching
- Social Identity Resources: Race, Gender, Size/Appearance, Religion/Faith, Ability, Class, and Sexual Orientation
- Environmental Justice
- Global Community: Global Readings and Theories
- Leadership Philosophy and Multicultural Team Development
- DVD/ Video Library