Fall 2013 Curriculum Schedule coming soon.
The Institute for Justice Education and Transformation (IJET) offers intermediate and introductory workshops throughout the year.
Social Justice 101 Workshops are stand alone workshops that can be sequenced as a cohesive program. These offer an introduction to key social justice skills. 90 minutes each.
- Social Justice 101 – Builds basic understanding around social justice work and issues
- Facilitation 101 – Basic facilitation skills training with discussion about applying them in social justice learning contexts
- Safe Space 101 – What is safe space? How do we build it, and why?
- Organizing 101 – Overview of community organizing—what it is, and tools to build power within communities
- Transformative Leadership 101 – Building resilient, sustainable organizations for institutional and social transformation
- Messaging for Justice 101 – Hands-on introductory training on framing messages that support our social justice work
Intensive Workshop Series are offered to students who have an advanced understanding of social justice work and are interested in furthering their capacity as social justice activists and practitioners.
- Grassroots Organizing Weekend (GROW) with US Students Association
- Active Allyship (Spring 2013): Training series on how to be effective allies for specific communities (LGBTQ Allyship, White Racial Justice Allyship, POC Allyship for People of Color)
- Communicating for Justice (Spring 2012): Intensive hard skills training in strategic communications with a media justice movement frameworkSocial Justice Facilitation (Spring 2010):
- Organizing for Social Justice (Spring 2011): De-mystifying, decolonizing, and deepening our understanding of community organizing
- Facilitating for Social Justice (Spring 2010): Tools for developing and facilitating workshops that build and strengthen social justice communities