Note: The Multicultural Council Grant is no longer accepting applications for the 2013 spring semester. As of March 20, we exhausted our fund for the 2013 Academic year. The grant will re-open in August.
The MCC provides funding for cultural events and educational multicultural programs on the UW-Madison campus. The Council is a vital component of the MSC and the Division of Student Life (DoSL) and works in cooperation with other campus groups to sponsor and provide funding for a variety of multicultural events and educational programs. Funding decisions are made by a board of 10-13 student representatives who are elected/ appointed annually. Ten of the representatives are elected/ appointed by student organizations housed within the MSC. Any UW-Madison student may apply for one of the three (3) at large seats on the council.
- All Grants must align with MSC & MCC Mission
- MCC specializes in small budget events (Total event budget must not exceed $7000.00, Maximum MCC award is $5000.00 [single event/grant])
- MCC must fund a minimum of 70% of the event
- MCC can fund up to 100% of an event (if the total budget is below $5k, if doing so would not violate State/University/MSC/MCC policies)
- No RSO can receive more than $7k in a fiscal year
Download the 2012-13 Policy Manual
- MCC Policy Manual in .pptx format
- MCC Policy Manual in .ppt format (For Microsoft 2007 and earlier users)
- MCC Policy Manual in .pdf format (Please note all links may not be active in .pdf form)
Fall 2013 & Spring 2014 (schedule coming soon…)
TOP priority will be given to on-campus events that embody AT LEAST TWO of the four criteria below:
- Educational in Scope: Social Justice Education, Cultural Education, and/or Incorporated into classroom education
- Fosters Leadership Development: Event Planning, Team Management, Critical Thinking, and/or Problem Solving (for organizers and participants)
- Fosters Career/Professional Development: Professional Networking, Employment Seeking Skills, Exposure to career options, etc
- Fosters Community Development: Relationship Building [within & across racial/ethnic communities], Heritage & Awareness Observations, Participation in Campus-wide events (Welcome Week, Homecoming, Parents Weekend, etc)
Your RSO must have an account on WIN.
Access the grant by completing the following steps:
- Click MCC Event Proposal Form: https://win.wisc.edu/form/start/4094
- Click the green “Log In” button
- Enter your UW Net Id and Password
- Complete Form
- Submit Form
Submitting and Printing Instructions
- Please click next in the lower right corner
- On the next page click Submit for Approval
- After your grant has been submitted your application will appear in your My Submissions section of your WIN page, which you should be automatically directed too.
If you are not automatically redirected, you can always to to your WIN page and select My Submissions.
- Once on your My Submissions page you should see your MCC Event Form submission
- To print select the PDF icon located on the right side of your grant title on the my submissions page
- After your grant appears click File and then Print