The Multicultural Student Center is located in the Red Gym (716 Langdon Street), on the Second Floor. Our facilities include a lounge and activities area, a conference room, student organization offices, reading room/study area, computer lab and kitchenette. Facilities are only open during MSC operating hours or if a full-time staff member is present.
- Our lounge can fit 80-100 people. We offer chair and table set up and it comes with couches, armchairs, and a wide-screen television.
- Our Reading/Study room has group and individual study tables, two (2) Computers , and a printing station. We do not reserve this space to the public except for academic outreach purposes.
- Our conference room can fit 25 people.
Organizations wishing to *reserve our facilities
should use our online room reservation forms.The center is open to everyone, however, reservation preference is given to designated organizations.
This summer, the Multicultural Student Center will be undergoing major re-organization and renovation. As a result, we will not be able to accept room reservations or tour requests until this work is completed. Unfortunately, we do not have a completion date at this time. If you are in need of space, please contact Campus Event Services at 608-262-2511 to inquire about room availability on campus. However, our office will continue to manage the Red Gym North Mezzanine reservation system. We apologize for any inconvenience!
We have recently renovated our space with new furniture and equipment to make our facilities more comfortable and enjoyable. Please, help us take care of our space by:
- Not rearranging and/or moving the furniture without a MSC staff person.
- Informing the MSC staff person on duty of your set up needs.
- Not sitting on tables or the arm rests of the furniture.
- Reporting any facility or service concerns to the MSC Intern or an MSC professional staff person.
Note: As of August 2012, there is no longer be a DoIt Infolab (MSC Room 243) in the Red Gym. MSC Room 243 has been transformed into the new “Reading/Study Room.” Additionally, 208 (formerly the reading room) will become the IJET Social Justice Education Resource Center; housing offices for (at least two) SJ Educators, SJ Education resource materials, meeting/workshop space/prep, etc. As a result of all of these changes, room 208 may be unavailable for the entire school year but almost certainly unavailable for the fall semester as the redesign efforts go forward.